Abdominoplasty - Tummy Tuck - Dr Yaprak
Abdominoplasty, or Tummy tuck is the procedure of removing excess sagging skin from the abdomin improving the shape and tightness of the skin, reducing the buldge and creating a firmer, flatter, more shapely abdominal area.
Often this procedure is performed on patients who have lost a significant about of weight or a post-pregnancy buldge.
Although an abdominoplasty is considered a cosmetic procedure, it can also be extremely beneficial for for patients to:
- Correct structural defects
- Correct abdominal abnormalities caused by obesity, extensve weight-loss, pregnancy, tumours, or trauma
- Repair hernias from previous abdominal surgery
- Create a more normal appearance
- Improve the functional ability of the abdominal muscles inmproving spinal balance and aleviating back pain
- Remove the “apron” of fat that can cause dchronic dermatitis – sikin infections, difficulties with walking/bending and difficulties with hygine (Apronectomy surgery)
Some patients believe they need an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck when they may infact need liposuction surgery. Dr Yaprak offers both surgeries and will be able to talk you though what is right for your individual needs at your consulation.
Dr Yaprak’s philosophy for any cosmetic surgery is to achieve a natural-looking result. He is commited to achieving the best possible outcome while still keeping your overall shape as natural as possible.